South Shore Trinity Lutheran Church is affiliated with The Lutheran Church-Missouri Synod. The congregation was organized on December 3, 1943, with twelve communicants and seventeen souls. The Lord has blessed our congregation which has grown from this humble beginning to about 605 communicants and 761 souls as of December 31, 2016.
Our pastors have been Reverends Arthur Klemp, John Deterding, Rolland Hopmann, Elmer Rimpler, Victor Marxhausen and John Schildwachter.
Our associate/assistant pastors have been Reverends Hugo Gamber, David Behling, Christopher Mitchell, John Christensen, Benjamin Dose, and Daniel Keinath.
South Shore Trinity has also been served by a number of deaconesses and directors of Christian education/youth and outreach. They are Jean Sanfillipo, Ruth Endicott, Carol Krieger, Steve Endicott, Timothy Frusti, Gary Bach, Tracey Winn, and Matt Griepentrog.
The congregation initially worshiped in the Birchwood Village Hall. We acquired property on the corner of Bellaire Avenue and South Shore Boulevard and construction began on a new church. The congregation worshiped in the basement facilities until April 27, 1952, when the completed church was dedicated. On the first Sunday in April 1960, we dedicated our present house of worship. The entire facility was remodeled in 1969 and refurbished in 1976.
In 1973 celebrating our 30th Anniversary and with the 125th Anniversary of The Lutheran Church-Missouri Synod, a thank offering was received in the congregation to establish a new congregation in Hugo, Minnesota (7 miles north of White Bear Lake). The new congregation adopted the name "Shepherd of the Fields Lutheran Church" of Hugo, Minnesota.
In 1992, we completed the construction of an 18,000 square foot addition to enhance ministry adding office, education, music, and fellowship facilities. In 1993, we celebrated our 50th Anniversary as a Christian congregation and gave praise to God in a year long celebration including a thank-offering. In the Fall of 1999, a capital fund drive was conducted to make needed repairs and facility improvements as well as a complete renovation of our sanctuary. Construction began in July of 2000 and was completed in November. A service of dedication was held on January 21, 2001.